African Finance and Economic Association (AFEA) CALL FOR PAPERS
The African Finance and Economic Association (AFEA) will sponsor two sessions and another session together with National Economic Association (NEA) at the January 2021 meetings of the Allied Social Science Association (ASSA) in Chicago, IL (USA). During the ASSA event, AFEA also hosts its Annual Business Meeting as well as the AFEA/AfDB luncheon.
Proposals for papers on any topic will be considered, but we are especially interested in the following topics:
1. Migration, remittances and entrepreneurships
2. Economic growth and poverty reduction
3. Human capital and capacity development
4. Africa’s continental free trade area
For any proposal or full paper to the be considered, the first page MUST provide the following:
1. A title of the proposal/paper
2. A concise abstract of no more than 250-word summarizing the paper objective, methodology, (if empirical paper; data and sampling period), and key preliminary results
3. Primary & two secondary JEL classification codes that best describe the paper
4. Contact information and affiliations of ALL contributing authors
Formatting should be Times New Roman in font size 12 and 1.5 spacing.
The file must also be in MS Word.
CONFERENCE DATE: January 3-5, 2021
PLACE: Chicago, IL (USA)
PROPOSAL SUBMISSION DEADLINE: March 30, 2020
NOTE: Early submissions are highly encouraged
Authors of accepted papers will be notified by May 30, 2020, while the deadline for submitting full paper is September 30, 2020.
1. Proposal acceptance does not guarantee presentation at the conference
2. Only authors who submit full papers by September 30, 2020 will be scheduled for presentation.
3. All authors of accepted proposals MUST pay AFEA membership
fee by June 15. Membership in AFEA is a pre-condition for participation in all AFEA and AFEA/NEA sessions. See link below on how to pay your dues online https://www.afea.info/membership/
Members who are not sure of their membership status should contact the
Secretary/Treasurer, Dr. Christian Nsiah at (email@example.com).
Proposals for sessions and papers should be submitted via email to:
President-elect/Program Chair, AFEA
Ritsumeikan University, JAPAN